The selection process
Police Recruiting will advise you via email if you have been competitive in each stage of the selection process and are to progress to the next assessment.
The selection process involves the following steps:
- Submit your online application
- Undertake the online cognitive test
- Arrange with your General Practitioner (GP) to sign your Certificate of Indemnity and Fitness form
- Perform your Beep Test
- Attend supervised cognitive and literacy testing
- Attend your panel Interview
- Undertake the written psychological testing
- Attend the APSAD physical testing
- Integrity and referee checks conducted
- Undertake a pre-employment medical assessment with the QPS approved PEMS provider
- Attend your psychological interview
- Eligible for appointment
The assessment components are scored on a competitive basis in accordance with the operational recruitment requirements of the QPS.
Due to limited vacancies and the competitive application process, successfully completing the application process should not give an expectation of subsequent employment.