- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Integrity Vetting (Relevant Information)
- You must have a very high standard of past behaviour and conduct, including your traffic and/or criminal history.
- Education/Employment Experience
- You must have successfully completed Year 12 (or equivalent Senior Year), OR have three years of full-time paid employment (or the part-time equivalent) since leaving high school.
- Driver Licence (More Information)
- You must hold either an Open driver licence OR hold a current Provisional driver licence with a minimum 12 months of driving experience as the licence holder (excluding experience as a holder of a learner's permit or learner's licence). The licence may be to drive an automatic or manual vehicle.
- You must either be an Australian citizen or hold permanent residency status, or be a New Zealand citizen holding a special category visa (SCV*) under the Migration Act 1958 (Cth).
*Most New Zealand citizens who enter Australia on a New Zealand passport do so under the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement.
New Zealand citizens who enter Australia under this arrangement do not have to apply for a visa before travelling.
They are granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444) (SCV) on arrival in Australia, subject to meeting certain health and character requirements.
More information regarding citizenship/permanent residency visas can be found at Department of Immigration & Border Protection.
- Fitness (Applied Policing Skills Assessment Day)
You must be ready to demonstrate a reasonable degree of aerobic fitness to perform duties as an operational police officer involving periods of intense and strenuous physical exertion.
- Health (Medical)
- You must be physically and mentally fit to undertake the duties of a Constable. You will be required to complete a medical examination by a QPS approved medical practitioner during the recruiting process.
If you believe you meet the Pre-application Requirements please familiarise yourself with the UPCOMING APPLICANT TIMELINE. Some application questions will require knowledge of this timeline.
Your Next Step
We have found the QPS RECRUIT APPLICATION form works best when using the latest Chrome browser.